For residents of the UAE, shopping is a national activity in which they can be considered professionals. The main trading center of the country is considered Dubai. In this city, you can buy everything from cosmetics and perfumes, clothes and shoes to exclusive jewelry and new electronics. Shopaholics and ordinary vacationers will not leave the city without shopping if they look into the Dubai Mall.
The largest mall not only in Dubai, but also the largest shopping and entertainment center in the world is visited by almost all tourists – even those who do not plan to look into the boutiques. You can spend the whole day at Dubai Mall and never get bored – there are cinemas, an aquarium and an underwater zoo, food courts and a waterfall, an abundance of attractions, slot machines and even a diplodocus skeleton (over 155 million years old and 90% original – 10% of the bones had to be recreated artificially).
The Dubai Mall in Dubai is over a million square meters, of which about 400,000 m² are rented out. The construction of the famous shopping center, which became the largest project of the Emaar Malls Group, began in 2004 and lasted four years. Already at the time of the grand opening in Dubai, the Mall operated 600 stores – today their number has doubled. In 2009, a two-story entrance to the mall was erected from Doha Street.
Good to know! In 2018, Fashion Avenue shopping gallery was opened in the new Dubai Mall. 150 boutiques feature luxury brands. For many of them, this is a debut in the Middle East.
Dubai Mall is part of the Downtown Business District concept. It has more than 1,000 boutiques, parking for 14,000 cars, a hotel with 250 rooms, more than 200 food outlets, 22 cinemas and an amusement park with 7,000 m², but the mall continues to expand, wishing to receive up to one hundred million visitors a year.
The list of more than 1300 stores operating in the Dubai Mall leaves no doubt that this shopping and entertainment center seeks to please everyone who wants to buy souvenirs, handmade, authentic Arabic dresses, etc. The branch of the French department store chain Galeries Lafayette, the British toy store Hamleys and the American Bloomingdale’s are pleased to offer their products to visitors here.
While shopping at Dubai Mall, few deny themselves the pleasure of visiting Fashion Avenue. On the recently expanded territory of Fashion Street, there are boutiques of the most coveted brands:
- Harry winston
- Perfumery & co
- Roberto cavalli
- Christian louboutin
- La perla
- Tiffany & co
- Van cleef & arpels
- Tom ford
- Saint laurent
These and other stores, the full list of which can be found on the official website of Dubai Mall, have allowed him to become a fashion center for the entire Middle East. A complete list of stores can be found on the official website of thedubaimall.com shopping center in the Fashion Avenue section.
Note! Another component of the mall is Village. This is an open area, where there are many collections of denim clothes, ideal conditions for leisurely boardwalks and relaxation are created.
Having spent several hours walking around the Dubai Mall, tourists can not worry that they will remain hungry. In the shopping and entertainment center there are about 200 laid-back eateries, cafes, fast foods and prestigious restaurants scattered throughout its territory. Fans of American and British, French and Italian, Japanese and Chinese, Indian and national Middle Eastern cuisine, as well as adherents of a healthy diet and lovers of baking, can have a quick bite or slowly enjoy delicious dishes.
On a note! On the ground floor of the Dubai Mall you will find a Candylicious candy store with an area of 3,000 m². A giant room literally to the ceiling is filled with chocolate, marmalade, toys and souvenirs.
See also: Shopping in Dubai – where to spend money .
The Dubai Mall is difficult to beat in anything, including in the quantity and quality of entertainment venues, attracting more and more foreigners to the United Arab Emirates:
- Dubai Aquarium. A fifty-meter aquarium the height of a three-story house has become a cozy home for 33 thousand marine animals and fish. A tunnel has been laid through the center of the aquarium, which provides an undistorted view of all its inhabitants. It is here that tourists make their famous photos from the Dubai Mall with dangerous sharks and smiling stingrays. A full excursion will cost 120 dirhams (children under 3 years old – free of charge), there is the possibility of diving for experienced divers and beginners with an instructor. More information about the aquarium is presented in this article .
- KidZania is a “town”, occupying 7400 m² and having 22 thematic rooms for children of all ages. Here they can rent a car, visit a beauty salon or a culinary master class, “get an education”, try themselves in different professions, work in a publishing house, clinic, police station, etc. For adults, there is a relaxation area. Entrance for children from 2 to 3 years old costs 105 dirhams, for children from 4 to 16 years old – 180 dirhams.
- Cinemas. Reel Cinemas is a complex with 22 screens, 3D effects, Dolby Atmos sound system, VIP sofas and armchairs, as well as the ability to call a waiter and order snacks and drinks. The cost of tickets for a session in an ordinary armchair is about 40 dirhams, in a luxury chair – about 150.
- Gold Souk. If you want to invest in gold, you are here. 220 stores of the Golden Bazaar offer an incredible selection of jewelry. You can purchase finished products or create an exclusive copy to order.
- SEGA Republic. A 7,100 m² park filled with many attractions for children and adults. You can swing on the Halfpipe Canyon swing, show the wonders of acrobatics in Lazeraze, ride the ice track in Storm G and much more. Visiting SEGA Republic involves several forms of payment, including Pay & Play Pass, Power Pass, Premium Power Pass and Family Power Pass cards with different levels of access to attractions. Buy the card itself and replenish it with that amount of money that is necessary to pay for your favorite entertainment.
- Dubai Ice Rink. Another record holder is an Olympic-size ice skating rink with 38 mm ice thickness and high-quality skate rental. Learn to ride, and if you already know how, join the game of brumbball, saddle IceByke or light up at a disco party. Occupation is for kids and adults. Tickets for the rink cost from 75 dirhams.
- The grove Tired of entertainment, head to the Grove. This is a whole street with a retractable roof, where you can stroll among the greenery and fountains, have a snack in the fresh air and just relax.
- The Emirates A380 Experience. The ultramodern flight simulator will appeal to those who want to fly into the air and land a plane at one of the world’s airports. Proper take-off and a neat fit are rewarded with points.
- Hysteria. Extremely scary attraction for those who dream of thrills and a powerful dose of adrenaline. A lot of frightening elements, terrifying characters and terrible “surprises” are not designed for the faint of heart and children. Get ready to scream from panic and rapture, having paid 100 dirhams in advance.
When planning to visit the Dubai Mall, remember that:
- your clothes should cover your shoulders and knees;
- you cannot take pets with you;
- smoking in the mall is prohibited;
- it is forbidden to take dangerous actions, for example, to skate on the territory of a shopping and entertainment center;
- kisses and other obvious manifestations of love are prohibited.
Tourist note: Map Dubai Pass – how to see 45 city sights at a discount .
Work time . From 10:00 to 00:00 daily.
How to get there:
- The mall can be reached by metro. Get off at Burj Khalifa Station and cross the pedestrian bridge to the mall. If the street is too hot, use the free Shuttle-Bus No. 25.
- From any district of the city to the Dubai Mall can be reached by bus routes 28, 29, 81, F13.
- Every 15 minutes from the Deira Golden Market stop (in the old city), shuttle bus No. 27 leaves for Dubai Mall.
- Taxis can be caught on the street or ordered through the services of Uber, Careem, KiwiTaxi , RTA Dubai, Smart Taxi.
- Driving a rental car along the Sheikh Zayed Highway, take a look at the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, which is located next to the Dubai Mall.
Parking . There is a place for 14 thousand cars in three parking lots and polite service staff.
The official site . Before heading to the Dubai Mall, check out thedubaimall.com to study the shopping center map, find out the news, check prices and pay for some services online.
Video: An overview of The Dubai Mall inside and out.