Huge skyscrapers, modern shopping centers or the beaches of Abu Dhabi – what attracts you to the capital of the UAE? If a vacation by the sea is what you like most, then you have chosen the right way for your vacation.
Abu Dhabi’s beaches are the cleanest in the world. They amaze with their well-developed infrastructure and the presence of various entertainments, beautiful views and a pleasant sea. The coast of the island city is covered with soft sand, the entry into the water is gradual, and there are practically no waves – they break on the shelf far from the coast.
Note! Abu Dhabi consists of several islands where the most gorgeous beaches are located: there you can find dive centers, golf courses, several theme parks and even the Formula 1 racing track.
However, having come to rest on the sea in the UAE, it is worth remembering the features and laws of this country. What rules must be observed on the beaches of Abu Dhabi and what is the risk of their violation? Are there places for free recreation in the city and how much does it cost to enter the private beaches of hotels? The answers to these and other questions are in our article.
Rules of conduct on the beach and beyond
The state religion of the UAE is Islam, known for bans that are unusual for us. Despite the fact that most of the country’s tourists profess other faiths, a number of rules apply to them:
- No to alcohol. In Abu Dhabi and other emirates, you can’t drink alcohol in public places and beaches are no exception. Please note that even after drinking in one of the bars with the appropriate license, you are still in the so-called “risk zone”, since it is also forbidden to appear on the streets while intoxicated.
- Remove the camera. Do not take pictures of anyone (especially women) on the streets of the UAE and in no case do this on the beaches. Violation of this rule may cause a three-day arrest.
- Do not swim in forbidden places and beaches marked with a black flag, do not tear plants and do not damage corals, do not swim for buoys.
- Do not take pets to the beach.
- In the UAE, it is forbidden to show your feelings in public.
- Forget about holiday romance with locals.
- It is forbidden to be topless on the coast, and you can only go in bathing suits on the territory of beaches and pools. We advise girls to choose piece-made swimwear.
Important! The laws of Abu Dhabi allow eating in public places, but we advise you to refrain from this on the beaches, especially in Ramadan.
See also: How to behave in Dubai – what can and cannot be done .
The best beaches of Abu Dhabi
A 400-meter beach on the man-made island of the same name is located just 5 km from the central part of the capital. This is a great place with developed infrastructure, which is well suited for young people and outdoor enthusiasts.
On the beach of Saadiyat Abu Dhabi there is everything you need for your relaxation: comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas, several showers and toilets, changing rooms and a small cafe. There is also a lot of entertainment, including a golf course overlooking the ocean, a bar and Manarat Al-Saadiyat Exhibition Center.
- Saadiyat beach is open every day from 8 am to sunset;
- The cost of a set of chaise lounge + umbrella – 25 AED;
- The entry price to one of the best beaches in Abu Dhabi is 25 AED for adults and 15 AED for young travelers;
- Saadiyat is not very suitable for rest with the whole family. Despite the fact that there is a gradual entry into the water and very clean pleasant sand, it is often windy on the coast and strong waves rise in the sea;
- The beach is guarded around the clock, next to it there is free parking.
A clean beach 8 km long is located between the port of Abu Dhabi and the Emirates Palace Hotel on the promenade of the same name. This beautiful place with well-developed infrastructure, shallow depth and a quiet bay is ideal for families with small children.
Cornish Beach in Abu Dhabi is divided into several parts – paid and free. The public area is open to all travelers, but there are absolutely no amenities and infrastructure is not developed. In the private area, on the contrary, you can find everything: sunbeds and umbrellas, a toilet, a shower and changing rooms, security guards and rescuers. Of the entertainment on the beach, there is only a park located behind the sand strip, a football and volleyball court, a cafe with fast food and juices.
- The cost of admission to the paid part of Cornish is 10 dirhams for an adult, 5 – for children under five;
- Renting a sunbed and umbrella for the whole day will cost 25 AED;
- Cornish is located off the coast of the bay, so the sea is shallow here;
- The public part of the beach is open around the clock, paid sections – from 8 am to 10 pm.
One of the best beaches in Abu Dhabi according to tourists’ reviews is perfect for those who like outdoor activities and noisy fun. There is a swimming pool, a huge bar and cafe, outdoor fitness equipment and a water entertainment center. Every day from 10 to 19 you can sunbathe on a sunbed, relax in the shade of an umbrella, swim in the calm and warm sea. In addition, Yasa has showers, toilets and changing rooms – everything you need for your comfort.
- The entrance fee on weekdays is 60 dirhams, on weekends – 120 AED. The price includes the rental of sunbeds and towels;
- Do not bring food or drinks with you – security guards at the entrance check bags and pick up all the food. All edibles are taken to refrigerators and given to you at the exit;
- The prices in the cafe and bar are high, but here you can buy alcohol: 0.5 liter of water will cost 5 dirhams, a glass of beer – 30 AED, hookah – 110 AED;
- Yas Beach is also located near the bay, so there is a small depth and the opposite shore is visible.
Yas Island also has the best water park in Abu Dhabi and one of the best in the UAE. Detailed information about him is presented in this article .
The largest public beach, where there are practically no waves, convenient entry into the water and a clean coast covered with sand, is located on the southwestern coast of Abu Dhabi. Not far from it there are two cafes, a hotel and a small campsite, right on the beach there is a locker room, a volleyball and football pitch.
Al Batin is not very popular among tourists, the majority of tourists here are locals. This is a good place for snorkeling, but not the best beach for families with children due to the lack of umbrellas and awnings. The sea on Al Batin is calm, the bottom is silty, sometimes stones are found. Safety is provided daily by lifeguards.
Need to know:
- Al Batin is a public beach, admission is free;
- It is open every day from seven in the morning until 11 in the evening;
- Near the beach there is free parking;
- Al Batin is covered with white sand, decorated with tall palm trees and the blue border of the bay – here you can take the most beautiful photos from the beaches of Abu Dhabi.
Top Abu Dhabi Hotels with Private Beach
One of the most expensive and prestigious hotels in Abu Dhabi offers vacationers accommodation in any of almost 300 rooms with all necessary amenities. On its territory there are 3 restaurants and 2 bars, swimming pools for adults and children, a sports center and a tennis court. A popular hotel is located on the Cornish beach, near the promenade of the same name – in the area with the most beautiful views.
The st Regis Abu Dhabi is one of 5 star Abu Dhabi hotels with a private beach. It has umbrellas and sun loungers, tables for a delicious dinner with a view of the blue bay, a cafe and a toilet. Direct to the beach, the caring staff brings free ice cream or refreshments to all guests.
- The hotel of St. Regis in Abu Dhabi is quite expensive, the cost of living per day starts at $ 360 for a double room.
- Average rating on booking.com is 9.2 / 10.
You can find more detailed information about the hotel and find out the cost of living for specific dates here .
On the island of Saadiyat, next to a large golf club, there is another 5-star Abu Dhabi hotel with a private beach. The coast here is covered with clean white sand, the sea is calm, and entry into the water is convenient. All hotel guests are offered free rental of sun loungers and umbrellas; during each visit, travelers are given clean towels.
On the territory of the hotel itself there is everything for both active and family vacations: several pools, a gym and a wellness center, spa and children’s playground.
- The cost of hotel accommodation starts at $ 395 for a double room with an area of 50 m2.
- Guests rated Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi 9.1 out of 10.
Read hotel reviews and find out more details on this page .
On the south coast of Abu Dhabi is another 5-star hotel. It offers a modern room with a private balcony and amazing sea views, relaxing treatments in the spa, delicious dishes in one of several restaurants and relaxing in the huge pool with refreshments from the bar.
Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri – Abu Dhabi hotel with the most beautiful beach. Behind a small line of white sand begins a park with palm trees, where you can make great photos.
The beach near the hotel is guarded around the clock, there are sun loungers and umbrellas on it, and lifeguards are constantly monitoring the safety of vacationers.
- The rating for this hotel with a booking service is 9.2 points.
- The price of hotel accommodation is from $ 370 for a double room.
More details about hotel services and its advantages are described here .
Immerse yourself in the fabulous life at the Emirates Palace. Several hundred modernly equipped rooms, 14 restaurants, 2 swimming pools, a fitness center, gym, tennis court and many other amenities – everything you need for your luxury vacation.
Emirates Palace Hotel is located right on the seafront – you can walk to the cleanest coast in just 2 minutes. Immediately upon arrival, the hotel staff will help you lay down sun loungers and install umbrellas, provide you with towels and bottles of cold water.
The Emirates Palace Hotel is ideal for families with young children. It has a clean and calm sea, a shallow depth and convenient entry into the water, and on the territory of the hotel there is a swimming pool, an outdoor playground and a club, designed for young travelers.
- The cost of rest Emirates Palace Hotel reaches $ 495 for a double room in high season.
- The hotel has one of the highest ratings in Abu Dhabi – 9.4 / 10.
Book any room or find out the cost of living for specific dates on this page .
The last 5-star hotel in our top is located on the coast of Saadiyat Island. It amazes travelers with its magnificent architecture and beautiful landscapes – Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas is located among ponds and several hundred palm trees.
The hotel offers 327 rooms with all the necessary amenities: internet, TV, balcony, bathtub, etc. In addition, beach lovers will appreciate the opportunity to live in one of 13 villas located right on the shores of the Persian Gulf.
The hotel, rated by travelers as 9.4 points, has several restaurants with Italian, French, international and Arabic cuisine. In addition, you can work out in the gym, play tennis, relax in the bath, sauna or spa.
A night in a Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas hotel starts at $ 347.
More information about the hotel and all prices are presented here .
Take a break from sightseeing in the UAE capital or shopping in the city – head to the beaches of Abu Dhabi to enjoy the warm sea and the bright sun. Have a nice trip!