The key to planning any trip is a good hotel choice. If you are going to visit Istanbul and are in search of the best accommodation options in its main tourist area Sultanahmet, then you have opened the necessary page. Here you will find a description of the most worthy hotels of the historic quarter, learn about their advantages and disadvantages, and also can see approximate prices. It is important to note that we have formed our assessment of objects based solely on reviews from tourists. We reviewed hotels in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet area, both budget and luxury. We describe the details of each object below.
Best Budget Hotels in Sultanahmet
Despite the high popularity of the Sultanahmet district, here you can find quite favorable accommodation options. After examining dozens of hotels and looking at the opinions of travelers, we selected the most attractive hotels in the economy segment.
- The average guest rating is 8.8 / 10.
- The minimum price for a night in a double room in low season is 328 TL. This amount includes breakfast.
This is a comfortable and affordable hotel in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet area, where price and quality are best combined. Its building is located just 500 meters from the center of the Old Town, where the main attractions of the metropolis lie .
Ataturk Airport is 17 km from the hotel, so it can be reached quite quickly. The hotel has a bar and restaurant, guests are offered valet parking, there is free Wi-Fi.
- Very convenient location
- Helpful staff
- The cost is justified by the quality of the services provided.
- Clean and comfortable
- Wi-Fi is unstable
- No lift
You can see more detailed information about the object, as well as find out about its best offers, by clicking on the link .
- Hotel rating by reviews – 9.6 / 10.
- In the winter months, renting a double room for a day will cost 328 TL; in the warm season, the price rises. The price includes breakfast.
Among the hotels in the Sultanahmet district in Istanbul, the prices of which will pleasantly please the economical tourist, it is worth highlighting the new Boss Hotel Sultanahmet hotel. The property is 450 meters from the main streets of the historic quarter. The road from Ataturk Airport to the establishment stretches for 19 km. The hotel rooms are equipped with hygiene products, a minibar, a TV, an electric kettle with coffee and tea, and a 1.5-liter bottle of water is provided free of charge daily.
- Good location on a calm street
- Friendly and helpful staff
- High quality daily cleaning
- New and modern equipment in the rooms
- Walking distance to the historical and religious monument Hagia Sophia
- Food of the same type
- There are rooms without a balcony
- Weak Wi-Fi Speed
You can check prices and read the best hotel reviews here .
- Guests rated their stay 8.9 out of 10.
- In low season, the price of a double room per night varies from 350 TL. The price includes a continental breakfast.
This hotel in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet district, first of all, is distinguished by good service. The hotel is just 250 meters from the main attractions of the quarter. The property is 19 km from Ataturk Airport. The hotel has its own bar and shared lounge.
The air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a TV, wardrobe, desk and kettle. For the convenience of visitors, there is a 24-hour front desk, a shuttle service is organized, and parking is available for guests with their own cars near the hotel.
- Great front desk service
- The hotel has recently been renovated
- Very convenient location
- Always ready to help staff
- Room cleanliness and friendly atmosphere
- Lean dishes
- Noisy, poor soundproofing
- There is no coffee machine in the bar.
If you liked this hotel and want to find out the best prices for specific dates, then go to the page .
- Average review ratings are 9.4 / 10.
- With the end of the summer period, the minimum price for a double room per night has decreased to 565 TL. The rental price includes a complimentary breakfast.
This is a very good hotel in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet district, which received a lot of positive reviews from tourists. It is located 250 meters from the main streets of the Old Town, and you can get here from Ataturk Airport in about 35 minutes (about 20 km). The property has a bar and a restaurant; there is a hot tub on its territory, and you can also have barbecue facilities if you wish. All rooms have a balcony, air conditioning, minibar, safe, TV and kettle with coffee and tea. In addition, there is a medical center, postal services and a taxi call service are provided.
- Easy access to the area’s best attractions
- Friendly staff
- Tasty menu
- There is an ATM nearby
- Close proximity to tram stations
- Wi-Fi quality is not the best
- No free drinking water
To get more information about the object, as well as read reviews, click on the link .
- The average guest rating is 8.7 / 10.
- In low season, the cost of a double room per night ranges from 250 TL. Breakfast included.
If you want to book a hotel in Istanbul in the lively Sultanahmet district and are looking for the best options in the budget segment, we advise you to pay attention to this hotel. The institution is located 600 meters from the center of the quarter, close to the most popular historical monuments of the metropolis. You can get here from Ataturk Airport on the fastest route in 30 minutes (about 20 km). The hotel has its own cafe, and customer service is available around the clock.
The rooms are equipped with everything you need, including air conditioning and a TV, as well as ironing and toiletries. The institution has a cozy garden, a library and a gift shop.
- The best price-quality ratio
- Good location near the center
- Friendly staff
- Nearby are many cafes and restaurants
- Modest food
- The hotel needs repairs
- Small rooms
You can get more detailed information, as well as see prices for specific dates on the page .
See also: Excursions in Istanbul from local residents – who should I contact?
- Hotel rating by reviews – 8.5 / 10.
- In the winter months, the minimum price for a double room per day is 365 TL. This amount covers the cost of breakfast.
Among the 3 star hotels in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet district, the Polatdemir Hotel is in demand among tourists. The establishment is 2 km from the central streets of the quarter, and the distance to it from Ataturk Airport is almost 17 km. The renovated hotel has a cafe, a bar and a restaurant, nearby there are shops, a beauty salon and a laundry.
The rooms of the hotel guests will find air conditioning, hairdryer, minibar, telephone and TV, as well as a kettle with coffee and tea. It features free Wi-Fi. Polatdemir Hotel offers 24-hour front desk service and in room service.
- Cleanliness, tranquility and comfort
- Green courtyard, beautiful interior
- High level of service
- Professionalism and friendliness of staff
- Location to combine Istanbul tours with shopping
- Not the best breakfasts, monotonous menu
- Small rooms
- Slow internet speed
- Far from the center
You can read detailed reviews and evaluate the best deals here .
- Hotel rating by reviews – 8.5 / 10.
- In low season, the price of renting a hotel for two varies between 500 TL. This price includes free breakfast.
Recital Hotel is located 500 meters from the main attractions of the Sultanahmet area. The road from Ataturk Airport to the property is about 20 km. This is a comfortable hotel, which today is ready to offer 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, a cafe, a restaurant, a beauty salon and laundry services. All rooms are equipped with necessary equipment for relaxing, including air conditioning, hairdryer and TV, hygiene and ironing facilities. Near the hotel there is an ATM and several shops.
- Spacious rooms
- Very close to the historical center of Istanbul
- Helpful staff
- Quiet and peaceful
- Ability to check in earlier than the set time
- Problematic parking
- Breakfast is fresh but the same
- Cases of untimely cleaning recorded
If you want to book a hotel in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet district, follow the link .
The best hotels 5 *
For those who prefer to stay in hotels with a high level of comfort, we have selected the three best options in the Sultanahmet area.
- Hotel rating by guests reviews – 9.5 / 10.
- In the winter season, the minimum price for a double room per night is 1000 TL. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are not included in this amount. If you wish, you can include breakfast in the price of 200 TL per day.
The hotel is 500 meters from the main historic square and 18 km from Ataturk Airport. The decor of the hotel fully meets all the canons of oriental luxury and resembles the palace of the Sultan. Crystal chandeliers, marble finishes, paintings by Turkish painters and gilded details unwittingly send visitors to the Topkapi interiors. The restaurant Zaferan is located on the territory, the chef of which personally approaches the guests and is interested in their opinion about the dishes. Inside the hotel there is a swimming pool, Turkish hammam and gym.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and equipped with everything you need: a free minibar, a capsule coffee machine, a kettle and a TV with Russian channels are at your disposal. Visitors will appreciate the large bathroom with essential amenities.
- Chic interiors
- High level of professionalism of employees
- Delicious food in a restaurant
- Free shuttle service to Topkapi Palace
- Breakfast is served all day.
- Stable wifi
- Great location, close to key sights of Istanbul
- High price
- The ban on the sale and drinking of alcohol on site
For more accurate hotel information and to read the best reviews, click here .
Please note: Istanbul restaurants with panoramic views – an overview of the 8 best restaurants .
- Hotel rating by guests reviews – 9.6 / 10.
- During the winter months, the lowest price for a double room reservation per night is 1545 TL. Meals are not included in this amount.
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet is considered one of the best cottages in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet area. It is located 550 m from the main attractions of the city. The road from Ataturk Airport to the object takes about 50 minutes (22 km). The hotel area is very well maintained, has a beautiful courtyard and garden. The hotel has a restaurant, there is a summer cafe on the roof, from where picturesque views of the Bosphorus and Hagia Sophia. Here you can use the swimming pool, gym, spa and sauna. Spacious rooms are equipped with all necessary equipment, including a TV, air conditioning and minibar.
- Convenient location
- Helpful and friendly staff
- Varied menu in the restaurant
- Free access to the spa and pool
- Beautiful panorama from the windows to Istanbul
- High price
If you want to know more about this hotel and see prices for specific dates, go to the website .
- Hotel rating by guests reviews – 8.4 / 10.
- Among the 5 star hotels we are considering, this hotel offers the best price. The cost of a double room per night in the low season here ranges from 700 TL. Meals are not included in the price.
The hotel is 1.2 km from the center of the historic quarter. The distance from the airport to the property is 17 km. Its extensive building includes a swimming pool, steam room, spa and gym. There is a restaurant and bar on site, there is a library, a left-luggage office, shops and a beauty salon. At the reception you can rent bicycles and cars. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, safe, minibar and hairdryer.
- Good location
- Close to the tram stop
- Low price for the Hilton network
- Need to make a deposit of $ 200
- Old furniture in the rooms
- Unfriendly staff
- Meager menu
- Poor cleaning
Learn more about all the reviews and explore the best deals here .
Hotels in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet district are numerous and varied in their cost and services. Most of them are very conveniently located near the key attractions of the metropolis. And among them it is quite possible to find a worthy hotel with quality service at a bargain price. And you just have to decide which of the options will best meet all your requirements.