The beaches of Petrovac in Montenegro are almost the main attraction of this resort, because it is for them that tourists come here. Pebble and sand, wild and equipped, crowded and deserted. Choose the option that suits you and hit the road!
The best beaches of the resort of Petrovac in Montenegro
In Petrovac there are several areas intended for beach holidays. Consider the top four.
The central beach of Petrovac in Montenegro, stretching over 2.5 km, is equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay. There are not only sun loungers, umbrellas and changing rooms, but also water transport rental points. If you rent a kayak or catamaran, you can go on an independent trip to the islands of the Holy Week or the island of Katic. The cost of such a service will cost 10 €.
As for shops, restaurants and other infrastructure, they are located on the promenade that runs alongside, which bears the title of one of the best promenades in Montenegro. In addition, local merchants offering boiled corn, donuts and other traditional goodies scurry along the entire coastline, so you definitely won’t stay hungry.
The coverage of the best city beach is a finely divided rock of red rocks, similar to ordinary river sand. The entrance to the sea is gentle, smooth. The first 5-6 meters from the coast is shallow enough, which vacationers with children will surely appreciate. The main part of the coast is occupied by sun loungers for 7-9 €, but there are also free zones.
Need to know:
- Despite the fact that this place is among the best beaches of Petrovac in Montenegro, there are absolutely no toilets on it. Have to run to the cafe;
- Another disadvantage of the city beach is the huge number of vacationers and the lack of parking;
- You can get a sun lounger for free in the MTV cafe – just order a dish or a drink there. The sun loungers themselves are on the edge of the promenade, which offers a wonderful view of the sea and Castella;
- Exactly the same bonus is provided by the restaurant located behind the cliff of Pontus. At the same time, you can use the service only until mid-June and from the second half of September. The rest of the time the cost of sunbeds is 5 €.
The beach of Lucice in Petrovac (Montenegro), located in the bay, can rightfully be called one of the most beautiful. The sand on it is very large, there are even pebbles on the edges. The entrance is quite gentle, and the first 3-5 meters are not deep at all. The beach is divided into 2 zones, one of which is equipped with paid umbrellas and sunbeds (10-15 €).
Right in the middle of it is the Medin bar, which offers a wide selection of soft drinks. In addition, Lucice has its own restaurant, hidden among the pines, and a small cafe where you can buy the most delicious pizza. Not far from this place is a cliff with a picturesque cave. You can swim to it or just walk – there is a maximum of water on the chest. Also on the beach Lucice there is a pointed cape, from which young people love to jump directly into the water. However, tourists who are not familiar with the features of the bottom, it is better to abandon such entertainment.
Need to know:
- The length of the beach is a little over 200 m, so in the hot season you just can’t push around here. True, there are a lot of stones on the left side (the one closer to Bulyaritsa), therefore there will be much less people;
- Prices in local establishments are above average, however, along with the order you get a free sunbed and umbrella;
- A 10-minute walk from the beach there is free car parking;
- You can get here in 2 ways – on foot or by car. In the first case, it is better to adhere to the route “Walking to Bulyaritsa via Lucica”. In the second – follow from the Villa Oliva hotel towards the school and the stadium. At the same time in the summer, you will have to pay about 5 € for travel to Lucice;
- On Lucice there is a place where sunbeds can be taken for free. We are talking about the last cafe, standing at the left end of the beach. True, they are not standing on the coastline itself, but across the path from it, but from here the best view of the surroundings opens.
Bulyaritsa Beach, considered one of the best in all of Montenegro, is located in the village of the same name, half an hour walk from Petrovac. Stretching for as much as 2.5 km, it is considered the longest coastline of the Budva Riviera.
Bulyaritsa is covered with fine and light sand, but in some places pebbles can also be seen. For this reason, it is better to enter the water in special rubberized shoes. The main feature of this area is strong winds and frequent storms, after which the coast turns green from the algae thrown onto it.
The beach is divided into 3 parts. One of them is equipped with paid sun loungers, rent of which will cost about 5 €. The second is a small campsite, designed for lovers of camping. But the third is in the public domain, so anyone can sunbathe on it.
There are several bars and cafes equipped with sun umbrellas right on Bulyaritsa. They are in demand, because there are few shadows on the beach. There is also a shower, toilets and many changing rooms.
Need to know:
- Paid parking costs about 3 € per day;
- If you want to save money, leave the car near the cafe at the very beginning of the beach area;
- The best way to get to Bulyaritsa is to walk along the tourist route of the same name. The road takes from 30 to 40 minutes;
- When leaving the city, pay attention to the fact that on this stretch of the road there is one-way traffic;
- Toilet on the beach is paid.
Looking at the tourist avenues with the best photos of the beaches of Petrovac in Montenegro, you can notice another recreation area. It is about Perazicha Do, located near the city fortress. Only a few know about this pebble beach, so even in high season there are not many tourists here, as, for example, in Bulyaritsa.
You need to know:
The territory is covered with quite large pebbles. Sunset at sea is rocky, special shoes and great care are needed. But the water in Rezhevichi is considered the best – clean, turquoise and incredibly warm. And it is so transparent that you can see not only your own legs, but also some of the inhabitants of the seabed.
Perazicha Do is equipped with paid sunbeds (5-7 €), shower, toilet and dressing room. There is a cafe on site that offers its customers free sitting sun loungers installed right on the beach. There are also places for tourists who come with their equipment. In addition, a large rock rises in the middle of the beach – in its shadow you can also hide from the rays of the sun. And in this cliff there is a passage to a distant beach. They say that this zone was chosen by nudists.
It’s important to know:
- The coastline is 550 m long and 40 m wide;
- The best way to get from Petrovac to Perazic Do is to follow the Health Path, which runs through a series of tunnels;
- Those who are afraid to roam the tunnels can use their own or rented transport. In this case, you should move towards Budva and turn to the sea near the Rezhevichi monastery. We recommend leaving your car near an unfinished hotel located near the beach;
- Perazicha Do in Montenegro is considered an ideal place for photo shoots and romantic evenings – here you can see a very beautiful sunset;
- But for couples with children, it is absolutely not suitable. The “fault” is boulders and very large pebbles.
The best hotels of Petrovac with private beach
In Petrovac, you can find many good hotels with their own beach area. Here are just a few of them.
The list of the best hotels with a private beach in Petrovac in Montenegro is headed by Hotel Riva, a four star hotel offering everything for a comfortable stay. Several shops are located on site. There is a bar, a car rental service and free private parking. Wi-Fi is also available.
All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, an LCD TV and a balcony with a wonderful view of the sea, park or urban surroundings. Some have a seating area to relax in after a busy day.
- Average rating on booking.com – 9.6 / 10
- The cost of living in a double room in high season is 140 € per day (breakfast is included in this amount).
Want to know more? Go to the page .
The 3-star Aparthotel Vila Vukotić is 300 meters from the coastline. It offers the best in town apartments with air conditioning, a well-equipped kitchen, free internet access and cable TV. There is a private parking, as well as several bars, shops, restaurants, equipped on the beach.
In the immediate vicinity of the hotel are a supermarket, a local market, a bus stop, a bakery and other infrastructure. But perhaps the main advantage of Vila Vukotić is its beautiful promenade, located a 10-minute walk from the hotel. All rooms have balconies overlooking the sea, mountains, garden or city.
- Average rating on booking.com – 9.4 / 10
- The cost of living in a double room in high season is 45 € per day.
More detailed information about this hotel is available here .
Talking about Montenegro and the best hotels in Petrovac with its own beach, one cannot but recall the hotel Melia Budva Petrovac, located 18 km from Budva. It features 2 outdoor pools, an Italian restaurant, private parking and a conference room for events. In addition, the hotel has a health and wellness center, spa, sauna, gym and lounge bar. A buffet with European and Mediterranean dishes is served every morning.
The rooms are equipped with showers, cable TV and tea sets. Suites also have a spa bath, terrace and seating area. From all rooms of the hotel you can enjoy the panorama of the mountain peaks, the sea and the city.
- Average rating on booking.com – 8.9 / 10
- The cost of living in a double room in high season is 145 € per day.
You can read guest reviews and book a room on this page .
An overview of the best hotels in Petrovac with its beach is closed by Vile Oliva, a comfortable hotel located 50 meters from the coastline and surrounded by lush Mediterranean vegetation. The hotel consists of 123 rooms and 65 apartments, occupying as many as 11 villas. All are equipped with air conditioning, private bathrooms and private balconies or terraces.
On the territory there is a swimming pool, divided into an adult and a children’s section, an excellent restaurant, which offers beautiful views, a bar and a playing field. Guests arriving at Vile Oliva with their own car can leave it in a secure parking lot. Meals – buffet.
- Average rating on booking.com – 8.3 / 10
- The cost of living in a double room in high season is 130 € per day.
Do you want to know more? Go to this page .
The best beaches of Petrovac have a varied and enjoyable vacation that will appeal to many. Enjoy your impressions and vivid memories!
All Petrovac hotels on the map.
A short video about the trip to Petrovac.