The diverse hotels of North Goa are presented with such a wide selection of offers that an inexperienced tourist may even get confused. What can I say – even a seasoned traveler can get confused in such a variety of options! To at least slightly facilitate the task for those who are going to visit this part of India, we have compiled a rating of the best beach hotels located on the first coastline. This list is based on several criteria at once, the most important of which were reviews of real guests and value for money.
All of these amounts are valid in high season and may change in one direction or another without our notice, but you can always check them on special sites. And now get acquainted – the 7 best resort hotels in the northern part of Goa!
7. Anahata Retreat
- Guest rating – 8.8 / 10.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 141 per night (breakfast is included in this amount).
The North Goa Hotel is headed by the Anahata Retreat Resort, located in Mandrem. Wi-Fi is free throughout. Concierge service, car rental and an outdoor terrace are available. Bathrooms are appointed with a shower, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries. Most have beautiful views of the garden or the sea. Twice a day, yoga classes are held. Dry cleaning and laundry services are available.
Tourists who managed to visit Anahata Retreat note both positive and negative points.
- Convenient access to the public beach;
- There are umbrellas and sunbeds;
- Helpful staff;
- Great cuisine
- Very clean area.
- There are interruptions in hot water;
- Not enough varied menu;
- Mice can be heard at night;
- Prices at a local restaurant are higher than at the beach itself;
- Change of linen is carried out irregularly.
Detailed hotel description and guest reviews can be found here .
6. Chalston Beach Resort 4 *
- The rating at the booking is 8.5.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 135 per night (breakfast is included in this amount).
One of the largest hotel complexes North Goa is located on the first coastline of Calangute. Its main distinguishing features are comfortable rooms with air conditioning, a refrigerator and a cozy seating area, a 24-hour reception, Wi-Fi and a large outdoor pool. Almost all rooms are built of wood or upholstered with wooden panels. The hotel is surrounded by a picturesque garden, the paths of which are lined with sculptures of Indian gods and sacred animals. There is free parking, a laundry service, a bar, a tour desk and a restaurant with Indian, Italian and Chinese cuisine. Guests can enjoy various activities, including table tennis and billiards. There is delivery to the room. The staff speaks three languages - Hindi, Swedish and English.
According to travelers vacationing at this hotel, it is characterized not only by numerous advantages, but also by several obvious shortcomings.
- Daily cleaning and linen change;
- The order on the hotel territory is monitored by professional security;
- No problems with hot water and shower cosmetics;
- There is everything necessary for a good rest;
- Very tasty food.
- Transfer to the airport for a fee;
- Wifi and faucets in the bathroom do not work well;
- You can not bring food and drinks purchased outside the hotel;
- For each number there is only 1 key, so it must be left at the reception each time;
- Air conditioning is located directly above the bed.
Full information about the hotel can be found here .
5. Beach Street Eco Resort & Spa
- The average guest rating is 8.5.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 34 per night.
The list of the best hotels in North Goa on the first line of the sea continues to Beach Street, located in Mandrem. Offering an outdoor pool, free parking and BBQ facilities, this eco-friendly resort is 10 km from Tiracol Fort, one of the county’s main historical attractions. The rooms have a balcony, a seating area and a bathroom with a shower and basic toiletries. Wi-Fi is available everywhere, laundry facilities and a tour desk are available.
To understand whether it is worth checking into this particular hotel, we highlight the main advantages and disadvantages of this place.
- Tasty food;
- Helpful staff;
- Concerts are held every Friday;
- Daily cleaning;
- Walking distance to the hotel are grocery stores, shops and small roadside restaurants.
- Dirt paths;
- There are ants in the premises;
- Poor soundproofing;
- Bath accessories do not always bring;
- Body towels are dried just outside.
For a more detailed description of the hotel and the cost of living for specific dates, see this page .
4. Goa Marriott Resort & Spa 5 *
- Review score – 8.6
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 193 per night.
Being one of the best hotels in North Goa, located on the first line, Marriott Resort & Spa offers its own casino, spa, outdoor pool and 3 restaurants. Free parking is available on site. A fitness center and tour desk are also available. The spacious rooms are equipped with safes, ironing facilities, tea sets and air conditioning. There is a bathroom and shower. Food and beverage delivery is available around the clock. Cancellation is free of charge.
Having carefully studied the reviews of real guests, we were able to highlight the main advantages and disadvantages of this place.
- Helpful staff;
- Great service;
- Everywhere is perfectly clean – cleaned twice a day;
- Delicious food – if you wish, you can order a diet menu;
- Located 2 minutes from the marina of Cala Academy;
- Great spa.
- Quite expensive;
- The beach overlooks a navigable river;
- Small pool;
- Not very large territory;
- There are mosquitoes in the rooms – and there are quite a lot of them;
- The promenade is literally filled with crows and tourist boats with deafening music.
A detailed description of the hotel and other important information can be found here .
3. Dreams Hostel
- Rating by reviews – 9.1 / 10.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 23 per night.
Dreams is a small, cozy hostel designed for adults. Located in Vagator – 700 meters from the beach. It offers free Wi-Fi, an evening entertainment program and a shared lounge area with incense, sun loungers and relaxing music. In a clearing for yoga, hammocks are stretched between the palm trees. In the immediate vicinity of the hostel there is a bus stop and several shops. Cancellation is free.
Like other hotels in North Goa, located on the first line of the sea, Dreams Hostel has strengths and weaknesses.
- Daily cleaning;
- Free coffee
- Equipped kitchen;
- Pleasant staff, especially the owner of the Ravi hostel;
- There are separate cottages and double rooms;
- The shared lounge has air conditioning.
- Very thin mattresses;
- There is no timeout for loud music;
- There are power outages;
- Far from night clubs and other entertainment venues;
- May forget to bring towels;
- The contingent can be different – from hippies to drug addicts.
Full description of the hostel, along with real guest reviews, see here .
2. Aria Beach 3 *
- The rating at the booking is 8.9.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 104 per night (breakfast is included in this amount).
The best 3-star hotels in North Goa are represented by the Aria Beach Resort Hotel, located on the first coastline of Vagator. The main advantage of this place is its private beach and beautiful sea views. There is a bar, restaurant and sun terrace on site. It catches Wi-Fi almost everywhere. Rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, LCD TVs and small patios. There is a delivery service. A vegetarian and continental breakfast is served in the morning.
To determine the final choice, summarize the “+” and “-”.
- Comfortable bed;
- Tasty food;
- Hospitable staff
- Great view of the sea;
- Everywhere is clean and beautiful.
- Monotonous breakfasts;
- The rooms are quite crowded;
- No pool and wardrobes;
- Near the hotel there is a night club that interferes with sleep;
- A steep descent leads to the beach.
For a detailed study of reviews and accommodation conditions, go
W Goa 5 *
- The average guest rating is 8.6.
- The cost of living in a double room is $ 265 per night.
5 * Hotel W Goa, located in the village of Vagator, offers guests a large outdoor pool, sauna, spa, fitness center, bar, several restaurants (including those with Pan-Asian cuisine, a new culinary trend). Ethnic-style guestrooms feature private bathrooms with bathrobes, slippers, a hairdryer and free cosmetics. Some have a seating area, a sun terrace, and even a plunge pool.
The front desk and concierge are open 24 hours a day. The territory catches Wi-Fi, there are several shops, a children’s playroom, a yoga studio and its own garden. If you wish, you can rent a bicycle or car. Cancellation is free. There is no prepayment either.
Unfortunately, even the best 5 * North Goa hotel has not only advantages, but also disadvantages.
- Great service;
- Beautiful area;
- Tasty breakfasts;
- Stylishly furnished rooms;
- Large area with golf carts.
- There is no private beach area;
- The most expensive of the best;
- Deposits are returned only to a bank card;
- Too soft mattresses;
- There is slippery floor in the corridors.
You can familiarize yourself with the detailed description of the hotel and find out the exact prices for holidays on this page .
As you can see, the best hotels in North Goa are pleased not only with a stylish design and comfortable living conditions, but also with a favorable location. Being on the first coastline, they allow you to fully enjoy the hot tropical sun, the pleasant waters of the Arabian Sea and the unique atmosphere of the best Goan resorts.
Overview of accommodation in Goa, prices: